$48 offretail $299.95 your price $251.95 + ships freeBuy PART NUM 154337
This thing is as bright as a car's headlights, but with multiple brightness settings, you can decide if you want to light up the whole block or just the next few seconds ahead of you. I run it usually at the bottom two settings, every single day, and have yet to even use half the power. It's also light enough to mount on the helmet comfortably.
The battery is pretty darn heavy, but I just slip it into my pocket when riding. The cord is really long when using the extension cord, but otherwise you would have to mount the battery to your frame. No real cons, because if you want this amount of light you need a big battery.
Great light, highly recommended.
Best Light Ever!!!
Really easy to use and set it up
I couldn't find one "Con" yet...
Best Light for the Money or More Expensive Lights
1) Fits even large Road bike handlebars which I have.
2) Several Light Intensity levels and even the Lowest levels is fine for normal operation.
3) Boost level is like a car with its High Beams on or even brighter.
4) Xtra capacity battery provided me with plenty of time even on Boost to travel 20 miles or more.
5) Plenty of options with kit to mount headlight and battery. I typically kept the batter in my handlebar bag on the far right side and still had to stuff some of the power cable away in the bag when connecting the the headlight on the left side of my handlebars.
6) Quick release is easy to use.
1) Most of the new handlebar bags sit up above the handlebars which won't work with this lights handlebar mount. You need an old style bag that use velcro straps at the top of the bag and not the plastic quick release handlebar mount.
2) Headlight can get hot when on Boost so you need to be careful handling the light after lengthy usage on high.
3) ON/OFF switch delay takes 3 seconds and that lag to power on/off was a bit annoying.
I bought this for my new bike at our condo in Fort Myers and used it pretty much daily. I would take 20 to 60 mile trips typically and only used the light at night but you could certainly use this light during the day if you needed too as it puts out plenty of light. I used the Boost mode like high beams on a car and had plenty of light on low to run normally in that mode, switching between Low and Boost as needed.
I love this light so much that instead of leaving it on the bike at the condo I decided to bring it back home to use with my road bike there.
Very Bright Light
small compact in size
nothing really, I would have prefer if Cygolite would have used the Dual Cross light handle bar mount, it centers the light on your handle bar. But no big deal I just switched mounts out.
Great light, use it in the rain and mud so far, no problems. I expect none either, for I have also their dual cross and I have been using it since 2008, she is still running, just on a different bike.
Write a review
Would you like to write reviews of the products you've bought from Modern Bike? You can help other Modern Bike customers make informed buying decisions! Write Product Reviews