Reviews of OnGuard Bulldog U-Lock Double Team 8012
your price $44.95 + ships freeBuy PART NUM 942226
Strong lock for a low price
- 12 mm strong steel U-lock, a good protection/weight & protection/price ratios.
- U part is long enough to keep it around the frame and the rear wheel.
- Not so heavy as I thought, ~1.1 kg.
- Comes with a holder to mount the lock to the bike.
- Comes with 5 keys (one LED). All works softly.
- Comes with the cable. It is not so strong, of course, but I hope it will protect somehow the front wheel.
- In soft tube to protect the frame from scratches.
- The lock is long, so it is not so easy to find a place for the holder on a small frame (15') of my wife's bike. The only place I found is the lower leg of the rear wheel, so the lock is on its side and looking forward. Well, it seems it is firm to hold it safely.
- As the lock is on the rear fork, no place for the cable, so the cable goes to a bag under seat.
- The anti-thief program doesn't work for Canadian customers. Also, as I understood I can't register my keys as well.
A nice, strong lock for bikes. It is rated 65 of 100 (on the box). While any bike will be stolen one day if it is left on the street, I hope this lock is strong enough to protect your bike (especially if you live in a safe area as I do). The lock sits on its holder, and there is no chance to leave it at home.
Great lock for the price. The locking mechanism works excellent. Probably wouldn't use this lock for long term storage of an expensive bike in a public place, but works great for locking it up for a couple of hours downtown.
Easiest to carry it in a backpack. Takes up a lot of room attached to the bike when riding.
Excellent seller, fast shipping.
Write a review
Would you like to write reviews of the products you've bought from Modern Bike? You can help other Modern Bike customers make informed buying decisions! Write Product Reviews