Love the ride? That's why we're here!
your price $84.99 + ships freeChoose
Gumby was created by Art Clokey in the early 1950s after finishing film school at USC. Movie producer Sam Engel encouraged him to add figures to his work which resulted in NBC executive Thomas Sarnoff asking Art to produce TV pilots. This was a huge hit on the Howdy Doody show, so Tom gave Gumby his own show on NBC in 1957. Gumby was inspired by Art's wife Ruth's suggestion that he base his character on the Gingerbread Man. Gumby was green because it was Art's favorite color. Gumby's legs and feet were wide to ensure the clay character would stand up during stop-motion filming. The slanted shape of Gumby's head was based on the hair style of Art's father in an old photograph.
- Ultra-soft Euro-mesh fabric for maximum comfort
- AIRpass Pro+ moisture-wicking, quick-dry technology
- AIRthrough Mesh side panels for maximum breathability & 4-way stretch
- 30+ SPF UV Protection
- Hidden, full-length YKK-brand zipper, known worldwide as the most reliable trouble-free zipper available
- Silicon gripper band keeps rear of jersey in-place as you ride
- 3 rear pockets with reinforced stitching
- Vibrant, dye-sublimation printing keeps colors bright and true, wash after wash